Hey Trail Chimps,
Its Tuesday again! Time to hit the trails of Redland! Tell ya what. Its getting dark early. We’ll have headlamps on when we start . Might be a little left over moisture around, if we’re lucky. I flagged the half loop if folks want to do extra. It adds on a total of 2 miles.
Here are the details:
Address: Redland Middle School, 6505 Muncaster Mill Road, Derwood, MD 20855 (Park around back to the right side of school)
Coordinates: 39.140327, -77.131554
Time: 6:30 (6:15 warm up)
Course: Redland Trail (upper and lower) counter-clock wise (lower trail first)
– Mark your calendars so you don’t accidentally commit to running a road race. Sunday 5 November – The 3rd Annual Muddy Shoes Phantastic Phall Phat Ass Haph Marathon and 10k. We’ll will be running from Needwood to Ag Farm and back. Great Trails, Great Phood and Great Phun. Don’t miss it. It is a non-official taper run for those doing Stone Mill the following week. This is our signature event. Donations will be accepted as well as a dish to munch on. Robin is still looking for volunteers. A Phood sign up sheet is also available.
– We host the Stone Mill Course Preview Training Runs every Saturday in October. You don’t have to be running Stone Mill to come out and join us. Courses are all out-n-backs so you do more or less miles. All are welcome. Donation – $5 Run #4 is this Saturday. Details posted on Friday
– We still have Muddy Shoes Buffs ($10) and Car Magnets ($1 cheap) for sale. Don’t be caught without one!
– Our website is now up and running (no pun intended…well, actually my puns are all intentional). Check out the link:
– Registration for the MCRRC Winter Trails Program is OPEN! Come join Coach Bruce and Coach Audrey (Co-Directors) and a bunch of foul-mouthed, stinkin’ coaches such as myself to run the frosty trails of MoCo this Winter as we train for the Seneca Greenway Marathon and 50K. Here is the link:
C u on the dirt in the dark! We’ll go bananas!
Muddy ‘Monkey’ Shoes