Hi MuddyShoes –
Hope you had a lovely turkey day filled with food, drink, laughter. Now back to the trails!
We will be heading out to Little Bennett Regional Park in Clarksburg (I think this is the 3rd year in a row?). But as some of you all may know, I like to find new trails and see new things – even in a park we’ve spent some time running around in! So we’ll be parking in a new location & running some new (to mymuddyshoes) trails. (our normal parking lot area is closed due to the rain/mud anyways!)
Some of you all may be familiar with these trails, so come on out and help the others who may get a bit lost 😊 One of my favorite parts of trail running is when I find that I’ve gone off course and have to navigate my way back.
Trails won’t be marked so PLEASE download a park map & also keep my Caltopo map link handy
When: Saturday November 24th 2018 7:30AM
Where: Little Bennett Regional Park (Campground parking lot area)
23702-23700 Camping Ridge Rd, Clarksburg, MD 20871
7P27+4R Clarksburg, Maryland
What: 10 – 11 miles
Choose your own adventure – mileages & trail names:
2.5 Parking Lot – Stonybrook – Acorn Hollow – Bennett Ridge -Western Piedmont
5.9 Western Piedmont – Hard Cider – Purdum – Browning Run – Western Piedmont
1.94 – Western Piedmont – Beaver Valley – StonyBrook – Parking Lot
Hi Hi Trail Peoples!
We are at the last of the Stone Mill 50 mile preview runs. This run will take you North up Greenway and Seneca Ridge Trail to Quince Orchard Road. Down Rt. 28 (sidewalk to start of Muddy Branch trail). If you aren’t interested in pavement running you can hang a right on the Seneca Greenway when you get back to Riffleford Rd and head back into Seneca Creek State Park for bonus miles!
Here are the standard things 🙂
1) We are accepting donations for these runs. $5 suggested but we also accept loose change from under your car seat (just pick out the old Cheetos and dog hair, please)
2) Course will not be flagged. Good exercise in self-reliance on the trails. Besides no one ever gets lost , they just do extra miles, right?
3) We’ll have water out on the course – Riffleford Rd.
4) We provide light snackeroos at the finish. Feel free to bring something to share if you want. Trail dogs like to eat. That’s a fact!
5) You don’t have to be doing Stone Mill to participate in these course previews. All are welcome (except whiners, rabble-rousers and malcontents)
Rt 28 Seneca Greenway Trailhead
Google Plus Code: 4MH8+7R Darnestown, 6, MD (for Google Maps)
Start at 7:30AM
*** Time to SIGN UP!! The Muddy Shoes Phantastic Phall Phat Ass will be Sunday 11 November (Veterans Day!). There will be a Half Marathon and 10K option. Great after party too! This also is a great taper run for the Stone Mill 50 Miler the following weekend. Race Director Robin Sheperd puts on a great event. Here is the link http://mymuddyshoes.org/…/3rd-annual-phantastic-phall-pha…/…
*** Check out our Muddy Shoes merch! We got Hats ($15), Buffs ($10) and magnets/stickers ($1). They are going fast! Get yours from Robin (Hats), Phil (Hats, Buffs, Magnets/stickers) or Mike Chau (Buffs and magnets/stickers ($1). ). US Dollars only!
OK C U there!